Oct 1, 2007

My Big Fat Greek Disappointment

So needless to say, I was a bit excited about our 3rd Grade AIM field trip to the Greek Food Festival. I thought, how neat will it be to learn about Greek culture up close and personal? Sounds fun, right? Well, you'd think so, but sadly this wasn't the case for us on Friday. I became more and more disappointed as the day progressed. I mean, fun thing to do on a date at night, but not the place to go for a field trip. The dancers were an hour late so we only saw a few minutes of them, and everything cool to do cost extra money. I doubt if my kids learned much more about Ancient Greece other than what olives and Spinokopita taste like. But, the good news is my kids didn't know it was a flop. They had a blast playing on the playground...you gotta love that about kids. So much for the Greek Field Trip O' Fun....I think we'll throw our own Greek Festival from now on!

No comments: