Oct 19, 2009

It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

As I was google-ing quotes I could use for this post, I came across many that could describe my friendship with sweet Haylie-B.  The one from the title is so true, as could be described from many memories shared with this girl.  But the one I found the funniest really describes our friendship…Haylie, you’ll know what I mean.  It said, “ a FRIEND is someone who will hold your umbrella when it’s raining…a BEST FRIEND is someone who will take the umbrella and yell “run loser run!”  I feel like I can hear those words now screaming back from 2nd grade after the seagull pooped on my head and she couldn’t keep from laughing at me while I was bawling! 

HAYLIE B.  I love this girl.  We grew up together, best friends since 2nd grade. She’s real, she’s a great listener, she’s honest, she’s beautiful, she’s funny…I mean…who wouldn’t want to be friends with her?!   Two reasons I’m writing about her now.  The first, she came to spend a whole weekend with us and we had the BEST girls weekend together talking, talking, and talking some more!  And second, her sisters just threw her the coolest surprise 30th birthday party and I’m sick not to have been able to be there.  I guess my son turning ONE on the same day made it a little impossible.  But, Haylie B I want you to know how much I LOVE YOU GIRL!!! Thanks for being a great best friend… one I will treasure for always! Now onto the fun pics…thanks for a great weekend!

DSC_0138 DSC_0108

DSC_0135

DSC_0049DSC_0055

No comments: