Nov 9, 2008

Tristan's First Babysitter

Tristan had his very first babysitter this week, and I couldn't be happier that the first time Justin and I left him was with my best friend Shelby!!! She drove up from Houston to meet him for the first time and spend the weekend with us. I laugh when I think of what we did while she was here...eat, watch football, watch Tristan, sleep. That's it!! Ahh, the slow pace of life with a newborn. It was so good to see her and of course so fun for me to introduce her to our little guy. I loved that. And, he loved having her babysit him while Justin and I went to a couple's baby shower for some lifegroup friends. Thanks Shelby for taking good care of our little man!

Our friends Megan and Aaron are having a baby boy named Parker in January, who will be the 5th boy added to our lifegroup! We threw them a fishing/camping themed couples shower and had a great time cooking out and celebrating their little man.
Our lifegroup girlsThe grillman, we cooked out shish-ka-bobsAnd for dessert, along with the amazing fish, campfire and dirt cupcakes Kristen made, the boys fired up the pit and cooked smores for everyone...yum! I decided I just liked the marshmallow part of the Smore better than the actual Smore! Jenny made fun of me for the messy, chocolate all over my hands way I devoured this dessert! We are so excited for Megan and Aaron and happy to spend our first night away from Tristan celebrating with them! Congratulations guys!

1 comment:

Shelby said...

Totally made my morning! Love y'all!