Nov 19, 2007

Texas Turkey Triple

This past Sunday morning, I competed in my first "real" indoor triathlon. When I say "real" I just mean it was actually an organized event you pay for, as opposed to something made-up I drag my friends into. :) It was a great way for me to get my feet wet! It was held at the gym I work out in, and this was the first time for them to host an indoor triathlon. And, it was much easier than a regular sprint tri because you swim, bike, run for a certain amount of time, and the person who goes the farthest altogether wins. So my friend Stacie from church and I competed with 13 other folks, swimming for 10 min, biking for 20, then running for 15. Sounds short and easy right? Yeah, we thought so too. It was really fun having everyone there watching and cheering, but it wasn't as easy as I'd pictured in my mind. Believe it or not swimming was the best part, I was first in my heat after the swim, but then came the bike!! We biked on stationary bikes that were set pretty high in their resistance and that about did us in! Then we finished with 15 minutes on the treadmill.Overall, I covered about 5 1/2 miles. Not bad for a Sunday morning workout. :) Anyway, I think I'm liking this triathlon thing. I like that I don't get bored with it and I like having something to work for. If any of you are convinced, the Natatorium is holding another better and improved indoor tri this spring. I'd love for you to do it with me!!

4 comments:

ThePoeFam said...

I'll do it!!! HA!!! Would you not fall over if I were serious! ... I am so impressed with you and your dedication to this! You're going to be in great shape and jumping back to pre-baby body will be easy when you're ready for that one day! ;) Quinn needs another buddy, already!!!

allyo said...

I am super impressed Sharee. I am only 2 1/2 weeks aways from my second half marathon...I ran the first one 13 weeks pregnant, but this one somehow seems harder. I have always wanted to try a tri, but am to afraid that I might drown. Good luck. I will continue to check your progress. Happy Thanksgiving.

MAV

campers said...

I have to say I am super impressed to! You are awesome!

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! Congrats!! How fun! I just saw you post about needing a bike. I have a trek 1000 sitting in a storage closet in Comanche. I used it last year when we were in the states and realized it needs a repair. It would cost $100 to repair it so we just put it back in the closet. If you wanted to have the repair done, you could keep it and use it until we move back from Turkey- could be 2 years, could be 10 or 20 :) Just a thought. You might be ready to buy your own by now anyway! Happy Thanksgiving! Love, Kaela