Nov 10, 2007

My First Sprint Triathlon

It's so fun for me to write this post today, having survived my very first sprint triathlon!!! So much I want to say about it... It went really well, a truly fun experience!! Justin was so great supporting me, following in the car like a papparazzi to get these good pics, making sure I didn't get hit by any cars on our two lane roads, and keeping my times as we went. Without counting my transition times, I finished in just under 2 hours (1:54:44) to be exact. I realized about half-way through my bike ride how insane it was that I was doing this, seeing that it was my first time to ride a bike outdoors!! Here are some pics from today...

Pre-Race Pics
13 Mile Bike Ride3 Mile Run
Sorry no pics of this part, Justin went on ahead to check us in at the Natatorium for our swimming part. It was REALLY weird to run right after a long bike ride though, a combination of noodle legs and achy joints!!

1/2 Mile Swim
This was my favorite part!
I'm so thankful for all the people that helped me reach this goal of mine. Jessica, who gave me the desire to even think about doing this in the first place, my husband for encouraging me all through training and being my support, coach, timekeeper, and photographer today, Tonya for being so crazy to do this with me, Megan for letting me borrow her husband's bike, Stacie for giving me swimming and biking tips...the list goes on. It's so fun to be able to do something you thought you'd never do.

As far as doing a "real" one now, I'll have to think about that. Right now as I write this my whole body aches as I realize I've gotten older and with achy knees and hip. But we shall see, of course I could always consider it more, if I had a buddy who wanted to do it too. Let me know if you think you might want to try this crazy race next Spring. If I can do it, YOU can too!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

sharee, i'm being a bit stalker right now (i realize), but i just saw all the FB pics and commented on some. then i couldn't remember how long each leg was, but i knew you'd have the info on your blog. SO i came here, and am commenting here too :] i can't believe you did this! you're so dedicated!!! excellent work, friend. would you tell tonya i said that about her too? you girls are my heroes today!

Brian Mosley said...

congrats on finishing. it's a fun thing to do. kind of addicting.

Kim for the Kings said...

WAHOO!!! You're my hero, Sharee! :)

Don & Glendy said...

Shareena, we are so very proud of you for completing your triathalon. Such a wonderful accomplishment - you finished what you started and with flying colors. We love you and say, keep challenging yourself physically and spiritually.

Mom & Dad Whitehead

The Moshells said...

Sharee, I am so proud of you! This is such a great accomplishment and I have no doubt you will do great at your next triathalon. Congratulations on a job well done!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Austin's gunning for the Hawaii Iron Man one of these days... y'all can be crazy together! :) Just kidding, great job!

amy said...

Wow! That's pretty impressive. You've almost motivated me to do one but then I remember that I don't really like exercise or being outside and that I don't know how to swim. :)

Jessica and Matt said...

So exciting!!! I love the pictures! The swimming ones are great! You look like a pro--with the water glistening in the light on your guns (arms). Way to go, you!

Anonymous said...

DAMN that ass is nice! Love you in the shower after facing the wall, me behind you playing with your nipples, feeling yourtits, slip my hand between your legs and feel you clitso hard and your cuntso wet, 3 fingers in yourcunt and my thumb teasing yourclit, i start rubbing my throbbing hardcock in your ass crack and suddenly you know what is going to happen and you say NO! Forget it it is going in your ass no matter what so just relax and enjoy it, i start to gently push but you clamp your ass cheeks closed , i grab them and force them open and push hard and you squel as you feel mycock enter you, my finersstart fuckingyour cuntharder and you moan and whimper, i star pushing mycock deeper inyour ass and you statrt enjoying it "mmmmmmmmm fuckyyes that feels so good, i can't believe how good it feels getting fuckedin both holes at the same time " yourcunt is so wet i get my whole fist in you " ohhhhfuck yes, fuck,fuck,fuck that feelssooooooo good fuckmy cuntgood, shove your cockdeeper in my ass my hubby never fucksme this good cumin my fuckingass fuckme good"
nEXT TIME BRING wESLEIGH YOU CAN WATCH ME FUCKINGHJER TOO