May 14, 2007

Washington, DC

White House, Monuments and Museums... that's what Washington DC is made of! Justin and I took a 5 day trip last week to our nation's capital. We kicked off the weekend with FUSION, the event for 20 and 30 somethings his company produces each year. It was a big success with thousands of people our age coming to put their "faith into action." Justin did a great job leading a couple of break-out sessions about how to use business as mission. It was fun getting to see him fascilitate that so well. Then, we spent the last three days touring the heck out of DC. Let's just say, Justin had to buy me a new pair of Crocs my feet hurt so bad after Day 1 O' touring. We pretty much did it all, toured the White House, the Capital, met our state representative, visited several Smithsonians, saw JFK's grave at Arlington National Cemetary, posed as CIA agent at the spy museum, went to every monument you can imagine, saw our Declaration of Independence, our Constitution, toured the first battlefield of the Civil War, and much, much more! Although we'd go to bed feet throbbing, it was all worth it to see the smile it put on my husband's face. Here are a few pics/highlights from the trip...

My favorite monument...the Lincoln Memorial. It's absolutely beautiful lit up at night!

Justin and I at the White House
In front of the WWII Monument

2 comments:

The Rowe Crew said...

Sounds like it was a success! I'm so glad you guys got to do it all...and by all, I mean everything! No wonder your feeties hurt :o)

Can't wait to hear more about it!

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

DId you meet my good friend Natalie while in Washington D.C.???!??!