Jul 17, 2008

Baby Name Dilemma

Okay, I'm needing some help here with a little baby name dilemma. So from the beginning, there has been ONE boy name Justin and I both agree has been "it" for our baby. Before we even knew he was a boy, I would accidentally call him by this name, sometimes in front of other people. We just liked the way it sounded and nothing else has seemed to fit like this name does. It's like finding your wedding dress early. You still want to go try on other wedding dresses just to make sure, but in the end you come back to that one dress that just screamed "I'm it!" Justin actually thought of it, or found it I guess you could say, a few months ago while watching Legends of the Fall. It's the name of the character played by Brad Pitt. If you've seen it you know what I mean. Every guy wants to be this character and every girl wants to date this character.Anyway, so back to my dilemma....the reason I can't type the name here in this post is because we cannot agree on how we want to SPELL it!! Our middle name is set for sure, Dean. It's Justin's grandpa's middle name and his brother's middle name too. We love it and its easy to spell! So we just need your help on the first name. (See the poll on the side). The main thing we don't want is for it to look girly! So many people have said "that can be a girl or boys name." No, we don't' want no girly boy name that's fo sho! But, I'm not opposed to having it a little different or unique too. And of course Justin and I think this not too girly, unique name should be spelled differently. So, I'm asking you guys. Maybe if there's a undeniable answer it will help us in our decision making. If you have another way not on the poll, let us know that too! I'll announce or final winner hopefully sometime soon! I'm so ready to know and be able to write it and put it on stuff! :) Thanks guys for your help!!!

10 comments:

kinsey said...

my husband loves that name too. and we also have an "it" name for if we ever have a boy...not the same as you though. and girls will be a whole different story! anyway, i like spelling it Tristan.

Anonymous said...

My two favorites (a little more masculine spelling) are Triston and Tryston.

The Rowe Crew said...

We can't wait to meet little mister Tr----- (however you spell it)! :o) Now, since you've figured out what to name your own kiddo, could you work on a girl name for us? ha!

Breenette said...

I think it seems more manly with the Triston spelling. Lots of girls do the "y" thing and also with the "a" - I don't think I've ever seen the o used...I like that. :) Can't wait to see what you choose for baby boy!

Anonymous said...

I don't like the "Try" spelling, because it looks more like Try-ston (and it makes me think of the word "tryst," which is the root word, and that meaning could be if-y). Cute name, though!

amy said...

I like Tristan. I think it sounds great with Dean and with y'all's last name.
In the movie it is spelt Tristan...which I think is the most common spelling and is going to be the way people automatically spell it. I think a lot of the other versions will lead him to a life of having to spell his name out all the time.

Anonymous said...

That is actually our 4 year old son's name and we spelled it Tristyn. Great name! Good luck

Anonymous said...

I agree with breenette.... the "o" looks more boyish to me. I think now days most people have to spell their name out in order for someone else to know exactly how to spell it (o: Cute name and he will be ADORABLE and perfect no matter how you spell it.

Anonymous said...

Cute name! I'm all for the least confusing spelling of a name, so I voted for Tristan. I've gone my whole life having to spell my last name - both maiden and married - and surprisingly sometimes my first name! It's a pain.

Nicki W. said...

haha! that is where brent got the our tristan's name!!!! it is such a manly name. i think it is the greatest name ever :)