We started our trip in the city of Shanghai. Justin and I were amazed at how much this city was like New York City. Tons of billboards, shopping and it's right on the bay. We had a great three days here and it was a good adjustment to life in China. We "roughed it" eating Pizza Hut, Pappa John's and Starbucks. A couple of highlights from our time in Shanghai:
- Chinese Acrobat Show - kind of like Cirq de Soliel. It was really amazing, they had a little bit of everything, all without safety nets.
- Nanjing Road - this is like Times Square in New York and our hotel was right on it. Very cool lit up at night.
- Shopping in "Old Shanghai" - very authentic old-school China
- The Bund - old British colonial buildings built right on the harbor. Packed at night with tons of sight-seers.
- Meeting Barbara, a good friend of one of my closest friends in China. Got to grab coffee and hear all about what my friend Dili has been up to.